Planner / Buyer
Location: Crewkerne, Somerset, England
Salary: GBP16 - 16 per Hour
Job Ref: JT17072021
Posted: 16/07/2021Apply Now
Smart Recruitment is currently recruiting on behalf of a global engineering organisation that has a division of their company based in Crewkerne, Somerset.
We are currently supporting them with seeking a Planner /Buyer for a long term temporary role lasting at least 6 months.
In simple terms, they need someone who can assist in managing the production schedule within their planning department – this includes machining, assembly, test and kitting. The position will involve close co-operation and co-ordination with the purchasing teams.
They need someone who can:
- Manage open purchase order book with designated suppliers
- Support and provide assistance to the customer service team as required
- Issue Work Orders and coordinate with production supervisors
- Update and issue excel reports to maintain strong communication in the team
- Inform the Sales teams of late items
- Issue production lead-times
- Assist with purchasing
- Plan for Kits and Assemblies
- Conduct Capacity planning
You will need to be organised and methodical, with the ability to work to deadlines.
Other qualities required in order to be considered for this role:
- Results driven
- Detail orientated
- Literate and Professional Communicator
- Comfortable with IT systems – especially manipulating excel data
- Relationship builder with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Supply Chain Experience would be beneficial
- Persistence / determination with “can do” attitude
We look forward to your application
EVERY APPLICATION RECEIVES A RESPONSEApply Now